Biodiesel Producer - D1 Oils
This month, I'm going to quickly tell you about a company called D1 Oils - a London based biodiesel company. This
company is preparing for the future demand for biodiesel by planting huge tracts of land with jatropha trees (see May's newsletter)
. They have also developed a modular biodiesel
processor. This is from their web site at www.d1plc.com
D1's modular biodiesel processor, the D1 20, is designed to produce 8,000 tonnes per year of biodiesel, or 22,000 litres
per day with 90% utilisation.
The D1 20 is both designed and built in the UK. The result of several years of research and development, the D1 20 employs proprietary systems for biodiesel production.
The D1 20 is an economic, small scale biodiesel refinery that:
- is self contained, compact and portable
- operates a continuous refining process
- recycles inputs
- operates at a lower temperature and pressure than other biodiesel refineries
- minimises harmful emissions
- uses few natural resources and consumes negligible amounts of water
- may be adapted to process a variety of vegetable oils
Here is a graph of their stock price on the London Stock Exchange....
This is a great visual picture of just how popular biodiesel has become over the last 6 months. In my opinion, foreign countries are way ahead of the game as far as preparing for present and future biodiesel demand.
To get your "Electricity - Make it, Don't Buy it" eBook, go to www.electricitybook.com